The new reference design and algorithm will allow developers to quickly prototype new smoke detector designs and bring them to market at a smaller cost.
The new CN0537 was developed to cut design risk. It has been tested and verified to pass the UL 217 Standard for Smoke Alarms, 8th edition. The reference design is based around Analog Devices’ ADPD188BI high performance optical sensor core, which has been combined with a precision smoke chamber that allows the design of reduced nuisance alarms.
CN0537 Reference Design Key Features:
• UL 217 8th edition tested and verified smoke and fire algorithm
• Data package for algorithm development including more than 1,000 smoke datasets taken at UL-217 certified facilities
• Software providing data pre-processing, initialisation, calibration and environmental compensation source code
• Arduino form factor smoke detector reference design for rapid prototyping and development
• Low power hardware design and low computational algorithm extending battery life and reducing battery size and cost
Pricing and Availability
Data: UL 217 test datasets files
Software: CN0537 source code (excl. detection algorithm)
Data: UL 217 test dataset files
Software: CN0537 source code, including UL 217 8th ed. detection algorithm (.c)
MATLAB and Python UL 217 projects
Support: 10 hours of phone support