The 2 nd edition updates all examples and peripheral devices to use the most recent libraries and peripheral products; includes examples with touch screen displays and includes high definition audio input/output with the I ²S interface; covers the development process of moving from prototyping to small-scale or mass manufacture with commercial case studies; and considers ‘hot’ embedded issues such as intelligent instrumentation, networked systems, closed loop control, and digital signal processing.
Each chapter introduces a major topic in embedded systems, and proceeds as a series of practical experiments, adopting a "learning through doing" strategy. Minimal background knowledge is needed to start. C/C++ programming is applied, with a step-by-step approach which allows readers to get coding quickly.
Rob Toulson is Professor of Creative Industries at the University of Westminster, London, UK; Tim Wilmshurst is Head of Electronics, University of Derby, UK. Their text reflects on the experimental results, develops and matches theory to practice, evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of the technology and techniques introduced, and considers applications in a wider context.
Five chapters have been added in the revised edition;
- Bluetooth and ZigBee communication
- Internet communication and control, setting the scene for the ‘Internet of Things’
- Digital Audio, with high-fidelity applications and use of the I ²S bus
- Power supply, and very low power applications
- The development process of moving from prototyping to small-scale or mass manufacture, with a commercial case study.
Published at €39.91/£33.99 by Elsevier; http://store.elsevier.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780081008805